- We will ask whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewings.
- We will operate using an appointment system when conducting viewings.
- We will not carry out any open house viewings.
- We will strongly encourage clients to view properties virtually in the first instance and then only physically inspect properties which they have a strong interest in.
- We will accompany physical viewings and seek to maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible and wear protective equipment.
- We will ensure that both the buyer and the seller clearly understands how a viewing should be conducted safely.
- We will not drive clients to appointments.
- We will ensure everyone will wash their hands with soap and water (or hand sanitiser if not available) immediately after entering a property, with internal doors opened and surfaces having been wiped down before they enter.
- We will do what we can to promote flexibility when arranging move dates, for example advising clients to ensure contracts have explicit terms to manage the timing risks presented by coronavirus.
- We will work with our clients and other agents to broker a new date to move where sales are due to complete and one of the parties falls ill with coronavirus or has to self-isolate.
- We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
- We will not conduct viewings in properties where tenants are symptomatic or self-isolating, or where it has been determined that they are clinically extremely vulnerable and are shielding.
- In other cases, where viewings can proceed, we will conduct them in line with the precautions on viewings noted in the sales section.
- Any visits to a property will be made in accordance with government’s guidelines on working in other people’s homes and social distancing.
- If possible, necessary repairs, gas and electrical safety checks will be conducted in the period between a property being vacated and a new tenant moving in. If this is not possible and visits are needed to an occupied property, this will be done by appointment with measures put in place to ensure physical contact is minimised, for example with residents staying in another room during the visit.
- We will take steps to ensure any properties are prepared ready for new tenants, this will include cleaning to minimise any potential spread of the virus in line with government advice.
- We will consider how best to conduct tenancy check-ins for new tenancies agreed while broader measures remain in place, taking care to follow government advice on social distancing to minimise possible spread of coronavirus.
We feel invigorated and excited for our customers now that restrictions have been lifted and expect to see a large boom in the UK property market. We have so much love for our community and will now work even harder to provide the great service and reputation we’ve built in the local area – helping our customers reach their dream home, family, and financial goals.
As the fight against the virus continues, let’s stay SAFE, COMPASSIONATE, and THOUGHTFUL towards those around us.